Learn By Doing:
Burnout is a growing problem in medical schools, affecting up to 50% of students. Effective remedies are available and just need to be applied. Game-based learning delivers targeted, realistic, interactive narratives to help affected students learn to cope. Hands-on scenarios deepen medical student understanding of how to address and overcome burnout during game-play and beyond.
In the BurntOut game-based experience, you will take on the role of a 3rd year medical student and be challenged to:
- Navigate scenarios to interact with patients, administrators, peers, and friends
- Make decisions on how to best address challenges and avoid burnout
- Build your health and learn techniques to overcome burnout
Who We Are:
The BurntOut game experience were developed by Clinical Tools, Inc. through an NIH/NIAAA grant (#1 R43 AA026474-01). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
Our company is a diverse group with expertise in medicine, psychology, public health, basic sciences, programming, project and program management, gaming, information technology and communications. We create scalable, usable, and broadly available online education and training to improve the ability of current and future health care providers to care for patients to ultimately improve health outcomes nationwide. We specifically:
- Deliver skills to professionals that are needed to improve their current/future practice
- Improve competence, performance, and patient outcomes
- Promote best practices and evidence-based treatment
- Train by interactive scenario-based clinical challenges
- Create without funding from pharmaceutical or other industry sources
- Empower group leaders to create a unique solution, identify problems, ensure progress, and enhance success
Clinical Tools, Inc. provides continuing education for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and substance use counselors. We have received Small Business Innovative Research grant awards from the NIH and other federal programs. Clinical Tools is committed to quality online medical education in order to enhance the abilities of current and future health professionals.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.